skip to Main Content

Home Forums Community Forum Meditation in Everyday Life

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Lisa
    Keymaster

The best time to meditate for me is at the end of the day when I’m getting into bed and have a few minutes to myself. When is your favorite time/place to meditate?

CYNDI
    Participant

I like first thing in the morning before anyone else is awake. I like the quiet and it helps set up my mindset for the day.

Lisa
    Keymaster

I tend to meditate more in the afternoon and evening.

Joy Menet
    Participant

Lately, I’ve been meditating I the morning and before going into a Neurosculpting(R) session. Doing it in the morning when I’m still in bed keeps me from looking at my phone as a first activity. It also lets me clean up any negative thoughts that may have come up in my dreams or that are still lingering from the previous day. Also,
    I get to set my intentions for the day and it makes me feel more present and less prone to habits that no longer serve me. Additionally, a very quick meditation before a session helps me to remember my seniority and to provide a positive reminder of my intentions.

Lisa
    Keymaster

I may go back to the mornings as well. I used to love to meditate then. Set the tone for everything.

dakwest23
    Participant

Being self-employed, with a family (wife and two kids) I have a hard time getting a routine going. So, I try to write mini-meditations for myself that work with the unpredictability of my daily life.
    Here’s one:
    1) do some non-directional jogging in-place for a few moments
    2) cup your hands and blow some pretend bubbles out into the world
    3) close eyes and pretend you’re a bump in the earth
    4) grow in a movement/posture you’ve never done before (like the girl in the movie ‘Garden State’)
    5) Laugh

Lisa
    Keymaster

These are AMAZING! I do #5 all the time for sure. I LOVE #4 and I love the movie as well. What do you notice by pretending you are a bump in the earth, I’m curious.

dakwest23
    Participant

I should have mentioned that these are done in succession, #3 & 4 lasting the longest.

“Bump Consciousness” was first used by me to identify with planet earth for a bit, as a metaphor for “grounding.”
    Then, after doing this meditation for a while, I realized it is also a way to identify with “seed consciousness,” before sprouting into something new: emptied of prior definition.

But, this makes me wonder whether this is a meditation… What seems to be the difference between meditation and ritual?

Lisa
    Keymaster

For me there is no difference between a meditation and a ritual…I think they are just different flavors.

bmecalo
    Participant

I meditate whenever I start feeling “up-tight”, like my energy is not flowing because I’m getting in my own way. It’s usually due to some belief I have about the situation at hand that is not serving me well. I try to get quiet so the belief can surface so I can consider it. Otherwise, morning or evening, sometimes both.

Lisa
    Keymaster

I love that you are aware enough to look at the beliefs that may not be serving the situation well. Sounds like a great practice!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close search
×Close search
Search