skip to Main Content

Home Forums Community Neuro Hacks in Everyday Life

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  forwardmove.2 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lisa
    Participant

I like to trick my brain into a prefrontal engagement when I’m extra stressed by inviting in some novelty or inquiry. I create moments of distracted interest to help balance my limbic response. An easy way to do this is to stop what you’re doing when you are stressed and imagine something funny or strange, like how interesting it would be if everyone in the room wore a clown nose! This kind of novel stimulation helps us engage the front of the brain for a moment, giving a short break to the dominance we may have in the mid brain during stress. What are your favorite hacks for stress?

dakwest23
    Participant

Syllabic Tapping!

The possibilities are endless!

bmecalo
    Participant

Thank goodness! I’ve had a habit my entire life of doing things like this in stressful situations. My family always told me I had a “wierd” sense of humor. I guess I was blessed with a built-in gyroscope to keep me balanced. As I’ve gotten older it’s become more effort to retain playfulness in my thoughts. When you live long you can have lots of “not-so-fun” experiences that can suck the life right out of you if you don’t have a plan or see it coming.

forwardmove.2
    Participant

Try Ageless Grace® Brain Health Fitness Program. 21 Simple Tools for Lifelong Comfort and Ease.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close search
×Close search
Search